Invitation to Ride: No bridle, no bit, and finally no stirrups and one rein

Renaissance Painter--What a guy!
Every ride is better than the one before! I went out for a short ride that turned into a long, loving conversation with Renn. He came to me when he saw me picking up his halter, and it just kept getting better. He rubbed his nose on the pad and saddle, inviting them. He walked around the pasture with me on the ground asking him to touch trees, put his foot on a cone, etc. I stopped at the mounting block, got on, and had a soft ride through serpentines and patterns. I rode him to a tractor tire and dismounted, sitting down to rub his legs. I got up, ready to take him back to the house and unsaddle, but I got a surprise: He flexed his beautiful neck to me, and with soft eyes invited me to get back on. I did, and we rode around the pasture to a stump, where I dismounted. Again, he asked me to get back on, and gave me a soft ride again. Back to the mounting block we went, where I dismounted, loosened the cinch and untied the loop rein. Again, Renn asked me to get back on. I tightened the cinch, got on with one rein and no stirrups, and asked him to take me to the house. What a lovely experience. He stayed with me at the fence until I went inside. The feeling: priceless for both of us.